Monday, July 14, 2008

Okay, I Really Feel Like An Idoit


I thought about naming this "me and tahini; how we found each other" but it did not hit on the stupidity I feel.

Ladies, my brain does this and I wish someone would tell it to stop. For some VERY ODD reason, I have been reading "sesame seed paste" as "sunflower seed paste" for a very long time now. Tahini is made from SESAME SEED PASTE. I was wondering why when I got the sunflower butter from TJ's, it did not look white like the tahini the TJ worker handed me. Then, on the last post Judy asked me about using peanut butter and sesame oil. I read that too as "sunflower oil". What is up with me?! When I finally realized that she wrote "sesame oil" I thought, "oh, no, wait a minute, she has got the wrong seed." Then the second guessing began. I was in town doing errands, driving my kids around to the grocery and walmart and little did all of humanity know that in the silent caverns of my brain I was trying to think if it was sunflower or sesame. "That would make sense," I told myself, "because it's more of a white seed". Oh, dear.

I came home and googled the same wikipedia definition I had read before, only this time I slowed down and saw guess which word? Sesame.

So, if anyone was humoring me, please forgive me and just let me know how stupid I am next time!:)

For the record: tahini is a sesame paste


Tricia you asked if I've tried dried garbanzos yet. No, I'm looking for them and may order them in co-op since we are loving this stuff. My grain mill also mills beans so I'm going to start searching for how I can make a dry all ready seasoned and ready to go mix recipe. I'll get back to you.


In the mean time, I think I'm getting old. Help.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Alicia,

let me know how to mill beans and make them taste good. I milled some pintos thinking I was going to make refried beans quick. Instead, I made refried beans bad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia,
Just wanted to stop and say "Hi". I was thinking about you. Have you tried to revise that bread recipe yet? Take care.
Love,
Charlotte