Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Note Between Posts

I am working this morning on my thoughts on this sermon. In the mean time, I would like to encourage you to listen if you have not. As I listen I am having to really stop and chew on all of it slowly. What I'm seeing is amazing. Perhaps this will all end up being just my own reflections on it and perhaps it's opening up to me because of the deep searching I'm having to do right now for the will of God concerning my kids. But, just in case it's something God has for you today too, please try to listen.
I know, I'm a very bossy blogger. It's all love, promise.:)

Formulating thought: We always define "living by the flesh" as doing those bad things that are selfish. Could it be that "living by the flesh" can also mean trying to do all those good things that make us feel righteous? Hmmmm......

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit." Romans 8:1-4 NASB

(Note to "Life Adapted": Thank you for tagging me! I'll get to that soon:)

No comments: